MPExporter exports all of the accessible data from a Microsoft® MapPoint® map file into one of a number of formats, including KML and SVG. MPExporter can also export to HTML, creating an interactive web map using Google Maps or Bing Maps. MPExporter can also export directly into the Microsoft® Excel® and Caliper® Maptitude® applications.
- Ability to export all available dataset types.
- Ability to export all shape types (text boxes are written as annotated pushpins).
- Support for all of MapPoint's colors, line thickness, and arrow head settings.
- Ability to export routes (as polylines where the format does not support routes).
- Ability to export geospatial annotation in the form of a KML (Keyhole Markup Language) file for Google Earth, etc.
- Ability to export vector drawings in the form of SVG (Simple Vector Graphics) for Inkscape, Adobe Illustrator, etc.
- Support for a wide range of map projections when exporting to a vector drawing format.
- Ability to transform SVG map projections to your own coordinate system - e.g. for web usage.
- Ability to export datasets to Microsoft® Excel® for further analysis.
- Ability to copy maps directly into Caliper® Maptitude®.
- Ability to create interactive web maps using Bing Maps or Google Maps.
- Ability to write web pages as 'fragments' that can be included in templates, SSI, or PHP.
- Ability to write shaded area maps as a collection of shapes (Professional license only; currently US only)
- Walk-through tutorials.
- Supports all geographic editions of MapPoint from 2006 onwards.
- Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista and XP are all supported.
Note: Microsoft MapPoint does not expose any territory data (all versions) and the built-in demographic data (available in earlier versions only). Because this data is not accessible, it cannot be exported.
Click here to download MPExporter. This is a free trial version that will last for 7 days, and must be registered if you wish to use it beyond this period. MPExporter licenses can be purchased online for US$75 each (Basic License) or US$300 (Professional License). The Professional license adds the capability to write area maps as a collection of shapes. Other purchase options and volume discounts are also available.
Please use our contact form for MPExporter support.